hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: 0.92 and Read/writes not scaling
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2012 16:37:15 GMT
On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 12:40 AM, Juhani Connolly <juhanic@gmail.com> wrote:
> Status update:
> - We moved to cdh 4b1, so hbase 0.92 and hdfs 0.23(until now we were
> using 0.20.2 series)

There is little experience running hbase on hadoop 0.23.

> BUT, our write throughput has gone in the dump. If we disable wal
> writes, we still get nearly 40,000 a second, but with it on, we're
> lucky to get more than 12,000. Before we were getting as high as
> 70,000 grouping puts together. Have set up log collection, and am not
> finding anything unusual in the logs.

You are batching your writes?   Can you paste your configs up on pastebin?

And its not a case of high iowait?

All else is working properly?  No hardware misconfigs or bad
switches/nics?  (See the yfrog fellows slide deck where they tell a
story about all the interesting things they found in their setup apart
from hbase configs:http://www.slideshare.net/jacque74/hug-hbase-presentation).

View raw message