hbase-user mailing list archives

From Balaji k <balaji.kan...@gmail.com>
Subject Doubt at hbase configuration
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2012 07:11:31 GMT
Hi,
          I was running coprocessor AggregationProtocol, it got socket
timeout exception. Somebody said to set  "hbase.rpc.timeout" to larger
value.
I added the following  in hbase.site.xml
<property>
  <name>hbase.rpc.timeout</name>
  <value>3000000</value>
</property>

but it was not working. The samething i tried dynamically in my code

        Configuration conf = HBaseConfiguration.create();
        conf.setLong("hbase.rpc.timeout", 6000000);
        AggregationClient agg = new AggregationClient(conf);
        Scan scan = new Scan();
        scan.addColumn(Bytes.toBytes("f1l"), Bytes.toBytes("c1"));
        scan.setCaching(500);
        scan.setCacheBlocks(false);
        ColumnInterpreter ci = null;
        long a = agg.rowCount(Bytes.toBytes("xxxx"), ci, scan);
        System.out.println(a);

now it works fine. What is the problem writing in hbase.site.xml ?
where i went wrong?

--
Regards,
Balaji,K