hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ankit Srivastava <ansh2...@gmail.com>
Subject Issue with Hbase Installation on Amazon EC2 Cluster
Date Sat, 10 Mar 2012 08:59:59 GMT
Hi
I am facing an issue with Hbase installation on Amazon EC2 Cluster. When
starting the hbase master, it gives the error could not resolve DNS name of
"hbase-master". I am not sure how it is getting the dns entry for
hbase-master. This is from a previous installation of hbase and i have
re-installed hadoop and hbase after that formatted the hadoop dfs as well.

Also, I have removed hbase-master from /etc/hosts.

Let me know how to resolve this issue!

Thanks,
Ankit

  Ankit Srivastava