hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Manish Bhoge" <manishbh...@rocketmail.com>
Subject Re: Starting Abnormally After Shutting Down For Some Time
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 03:09:07 GMT
It says you have not started the hbase master. Once you restarted the system have you confirmed
whether all hadoop daemons are running?
sudo jps
If you are using CDH package then you can automatically start the hadoop daemons on boot using
reconfig package.

Sent from my BlackBerry, pls excuse typo

-----Original Message-----
From: Bing Li <lblabs@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 03:52:12
To: <hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org>; user<user@hbase.apache.org>
Subject: Starting Abnormally After Shutting Down For Some Time

Dear all,

I got a weird problem when programming on the pseudo-distributed mode of
HBase/Hadoop.

The HBase/Hadoop were installed correctly. It also ran well with my Java
code.

However, if after shutting down the server for some time, for example, four
or five days, I noticed that HBase/Hadoop got a problem. I got an ERROR
when typing "status" in the shell of HBase.

    ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.MasterNotRunningException: Retried 7
times

Such a problem had happened for three times in the three weeks.

The HBase/Hadoop are installed on Ubuntu 10.

Have you encountered such a problem? How to solve it?

Thanks so much!

Best regards,
Bing