hbase-user mailing list archives

From Peter Wolf <opus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Confirming a Bug
Date Sun, 18 Mar 2012 14:13:30 GMT
Hi Lars,

I don't think so...  My behavior is definitely tied to the amount of
data in each Result.  There definitely seems to be some sort of
threshold.  Changing the caching amount produces a completely repeatable
behavior.  10,000, 5,000, and 1000 each produce different repeatable
results, and changing the families added as produces different reliable
results. There is no "sometimes" or "occasional", and if there was a
Major Compaction, it wouldn't happen that often.

Note that with all my families added each result is a few 1000 bytes
big.  Is that unusually large?

Thanks

On 3/18/12 5:28 AM, Lars George wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> Could you be hitting HBASE-5121? Or even HBASE-2856?
>
> Lars
>
> On Mar 17, 2012, at 20:46, Peter Wolf<opus111@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> A couple of days ago, I asked about strange behavior in my "Scan.addFamiliy reduces
results" thread.

>> I want to confirm that I did find a bug, and if so, how to submit a bug report.
>>
>> The basic strangeness is that changing the amount of caching, changes the number
of results.  In the original thread, this was confused by the fact that adding different families
also changed the number of results.  We thought it was a filtering problem.

>> However, changing nothing but the setCaching() value changes the number of results.
 Furthermore, the result difference is a multiple of the setCaching() value.