hbase-user mailing list archives

From Peter Wolf <opus...@gmail.com>
Subject Confirming a Bug
Date Sat, 17 Mar 2012 19:46:09 GMT
Hello,

A couple of days ago, I asked about strange behavior in my
"Scan.addFamiliy reduces results" thread.

I want to confirm that I did find a bug, and if so, how to submit a bug
report.

The basic strangeness is that changing the amount of caching, changes
the number of results.  In the original thread, this was confused by the
fact that adding different families also changed the number of results.
We thought it was a filtering problem.

However, changing nothing but the setCaching() value changes the number
of results.  Furthermore, the result difference is a multiple of the
setCaching() value.

Here is the pseudo code:

         Scan scan = new Scan(...);
         scan.addFamily(...);
         Filter filter = ...
         scan.setFilter(filter);

-->     scan.setCaching(10000); <--

         scanner = hTable.getScanner(scan);
         Iterator<Result> it = scanner.iterator();
         while (it.hasNext()) {
             Result result = it.next();
         }

Thank you