hbase-user mailing list archives

From Peter Wolf <opus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Region Server Crash
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 16:26:14 GMT
Sorry, here's what we are using:

  * All 3 nodes are m1.large ebs instances.
  * 1 Master node running the following services:
      o hadoop-0.20-namenode
      o hadoop-0.20-secondarynamenode
      o hadoop-0.20-jobtracker
      o hbase-master is running
      o hadoop-zookeeper-server
      o hadoop-0.20-datanode
      o hadoop-0.20-tasktracker
      o hbase-regionserver
  * 2 Slave nodes running the following services:
      o hadoop-0.20-datanode
      o hadoop-0.20-tasktracker
      o hbase-regionserver
  * Running both hbase-master and hbase-regionserver on the Master node.
  * 2 1TB storage is attached to the Master node (1 for name dir, 1 for
    data dir).
  * 1 TB storage is attached to each Slave node (for data dir).

java version "1.6.0_30"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.5-b03, mixed mode)

I believe the heap is set to the default size.  I don't see an -Xmx set
anywhere.

I also have Ganglia running.  What is the best metric to describe loading?