hbase-user mailing list archives

From Gopal <absoft...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting Up Pseudo-Distributed Mode Failed On Ubuntu 11
Date Sun, 11 Mar 2012 13:52:16 GMT
On 03/11/2012 09:36 AM, Harsh J wrote:
> Hi Bing,
>
> Have you followed the Ubuntu specific instructions at
> http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#os, specifically the Loopback
> address section?
>
> On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 2:36 PM, Bing Li<lblabs@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> After installing on Ubuntu Server 11, I found two errors.
>>
>> 1) In the HBase shell, the error is that the master node is not started.
>> The system prompts it tries seven times;
>>
>> 2) Sometimes, I also saw the following problem. And, the HBase cannot be
>> stopped.
>>
>>    0 servers, 0 dead, NaN average load
>>
>> On Ubuntu Server 10, no such problems.
>>
>> Thanks so much!
>> Bing

>>> List the error you are  getting.   Dump the Java  stack trace.
>>>
>>> Thanks

ping  "yourhostname" if it resolves to localhost great, if not  see if
you can make an entry in  /etc/hosts

Hbase cannot be stopped issues prop up when your installation is  not
100%, dont worry about  it,  you can always do "jps" and kill it.

As  Harsh pointed out, is  your hadoop setup working 100%

dump the following:-
hadoop -fs  mkdir  /finalfrontier
hadoop fs -ls  /finalfrontier
--This is to verify your hadoop is working alright.

Also dump the stack trace  in  the mail thread.

Here is my set up:-
ping guru -> will connect to localhost,  where guru  is my hostname.