hbase-user mailing list archives

From Gopal <absoft...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr+Hbase
Date Sat, 10 Mar 2012 14:41:20 GMT
On 03/08/2012 11:56 AM, Stack wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 12:18 AM, Mohammad Tariq<dontariq@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Hello list,
>>
>>    We are planning to index our data stored in HBase using Solr.As we
>> are totally new to Solr, we would like to have some comments from
>> someone who is already doing it..While looking over the internet we
>> came across Liliy.Is there any other other option, or Lily is the only
>> preferable way??Many thanks.
>>

> You should spend time evaluating lily.  The lads have been working on
> the solr+hbase union for a good while now.
>
> There is also https://github.com/Photobucket/Solbase that you might
> take a look at.
>
> And yes, of course, there is ES (We're partial because we work w/
> Shay).  Let us know if you make progress w/ the latter.
>
> Yours,
> St.Ack

Lily  is great. However  as a  front end tool , do you  know  if we have
to  depend  on another front end tool provider such as Pentaho  to
leverage the full potential of Lily.

Lily  is definitely extremely promising. I was able  to run their test
lily server
comprising of Hadoop, Hbase, Solr and Lily right  off the box.

Extremely small footprint and runs as given in their website. However
the issue I am having is that it does not have a Front end to  go along
with it.

It is definitely  very very  promising  technology .
Thanks