hbase-user mailing list archives

From Damien HARDY <dha...@figarocms.fr>
Subject Re: Solr+Hbase
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2012 09:22:29 GMT
Le 08/03/2012 09:18, Mohammad Tariq a écrit :
> Hello list,
>    We are planning to index our data stored in HBase using Solr.As we
> are totally new to Solr, we would like to have some comments from
> someone who is already doing it..While looking over the internet we
> came across Liliy.Is there any other other option, or Lily is the only
> preferable way??Many thanks.
> Regards,
>     Mohammad Tariq

If Solr is not hardly required yet, maybe you should take a look at
elasticsearch ( http://elasticsearch.org/ ) also based on Lucene 3.5,
it's natively design for the cloud by an efficient sharding/replication
No need to manage replications and fail-over, cluster is very resilient.
It support nested document (Solr support only flat document) that allow
more advanced design.
No need to preconfigure indexes via files, it is all done via HTTP from
scrash (creation, mapping, indexation) thanks for devops \o/.
For indexing there is no river for Hbase but it's easy to create a
scanner (timestamp based) to push the last data inserted in Hbase or
push data in Hbase and ES at the same time.

Really much more far advanced than SolrCloud.

View raw message