hbase-user mailing list archives

From Gopal <absoft...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Install hbase on Ubuntu 11.10
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 04:14:10 GMT
On 3/5/2012 4:14 AM, Mahdi Negahi wrote:
> Dear All Friends
> I'm new at Linux and Hbase. At first time, I install hbase on windows by Cygwin successfully
but after install Thrift everything change. so I decided to change my OS and try to install
Hbase on Ubuntu 11.10. I have tried for 2 weeks without any progress. Please please somebody
guide me to install Hbase on Ubuntu and please do not forget I'm new in Linux. I want install
Hbase on my laptop, so i don't need it in cluster system.
> I used this guide but I don't have any progress.vladexologija.blogspot.com/2011/10/installing-hbase-on-ubuntu.html
>
> Best Regard.
Mahdi, what is the error and how far are you ?

Its straight forward. Install
hadoop 0.20.2 download from apache
install hbase 0.90.5 again from apache
cp the jar file