hbase-user mailing list archives

From de Souza Medeiros Andre <andre.medei...@aalto.fi>
Subject HTable.getEndKeys() returning empty results
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2012 16:25:20 GMT
Hi all,

Has someone had problems with HTable.getEndKeys() method? In my application it returns an
array of byte[], but the first (and only) byte[] is empty, so essentially it's telling me
that the (single) region has no end key.

The table has 3 rows and I'm running standalone HBase 0.90.4 CDH3u3 on my local machine. Moreover,
the call getEndKeys() is executed immediately after I put rows in the table.

Do I need to wait until the .META. table gets updated with the regions' end row keys?
Does HTable.getEndKeys() work only in a fully distributed mode?
Is there any other way of getting the last row in a table? (this is my objective after all)

Thanks in advance,
-- Andre Medeiros