hbase-user mailing list archives

From Vrushali C <vrush...@ymail.com>
Subject Set num of mappers in a TableMapReduceUtil.initTableMapperJob
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 00:48:44 GMT

I am using TableMapReduceUtil.initTableMapperJob to initiate a map reduce job that scans the
entire table and processes records in it.

I wanted to know if I can control/hint to the framework for setting the number of mappers.

I was searching online and I see that JobConf's conf.setNumMapTasks(int num) is deprecated.
I tried setting the number of tasks in the code     c.set("mapred.map.tasks", "5"); or

    c.setInt("mapred.map.tasks", 5);

but that doesn't work.

thanks
Vrushali