hbase-user mailing list archives

From Norbert Burger <norbert.bur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bytes in hbase thrift api
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2012 17:55:13 GMT
Dalia -- are you setting the appropriate timeout in the TSocket
constructor?  The default value is 0, which results in an "infinite
timeout" according to the java.net.Socket docs.

Verify that your Thrift server is running (default port is 9090), and make
sure you specify a reasonable timeout to TSocket; typically the 3rd
parameters to the constructor.

Norbert