hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jacques <whs...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hbase vs MongoDB
Date Sat, 18 Feb 2012 22:28:03 GMT
My two cents is MongoDB.  If you're going after speed and ease of
deployment, a monolithic application will almost always be easier to start
with than a component-based approach.

MongoDB also offers secondary indices, hierarchical data model and GridFS
for large image storage.  You could also look at Riak 1.0 or earlier (1.1
removes Luwak support), which is somewhat similar and has the nice concept
of links built into their basic interface for use with map reduce jobs etc.

Of course, if you're not really going to bring it to any kind of scale,
you'd probably have much smoother time just storing everything in MySQL.

Jacques