hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ulrich Staudinger <ustaudin...@activequant.com>
Subject Re: Medical App
Date Sat, 18 Feb 2012 16:19:37 GMT
At the risk of being called snippy, if your main problem is how to link the
two, i wonder how you want to achieve getting the RDBMS structure right.

What about storing an entry ID in your RDBMS and putting the document under
the same entry ID (read row key) into your hbase?

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 2:25 PM, Dalia Sobhy <dalia.mohsobhy@hotmail.com>wrote:

> Hiii all,
> I am developing a medical app but i have reached this:
> 1. For structured Data such as patient info, medical history...etc: i
> would use RDBMS.
> 2. For non-structured data such as scans, images, MRIs: i would use hbase
> "nosql database"
> So is this new arch is good??
> I need your opinions..
> If so how could i link between both sql and nosql, how could i link data..
> Sent from my iPhone

Ulrich Staudinger

Connect online: https://www.xing.com/profile/Ulrich_Staudinger