hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Counting rows from Thrift API
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 18:22:05 GMT
Looking at src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/thrift/ThriftServer.java:
    public int scannerOpenWithPrefix(ByteBuffer tableName,
                                     ByteBuffer startAndPrefix,
                                     List<ByteBuffer> columns)

Would the above API satisfy Oleg's requirement ?

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 5:25 AM, Wojciech Langiewicz
<wlangiewicz@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
> AFAIK this is not possible, unless you are using HBase 0.92 with
> coprocessors ( https://blogs.apache.org/**hbase/entry/coprocessor_**
> introduction<https://blogs.apache.org/hbase/entry/coprocessor_introduction>), but
even then I really doubt this feature will be included in Thrift API