hbase-user mailing list archives

From Alex Vasilenko <aa.vasile...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: row filter - binary comparator at certain range
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 18:38:51 GMT
Hi Stack,

Thanks for info. Then how is it usually done with time-based keys? General
recommendation is prepend timestamp with something random prefix to shard
table properly.
But what if I want to scan table for certain time range? Scan whole table,
skipping random prefix and filter by time range? In this case I find
BinaryRangeComparator useful, however I suppose it's not a common solution
for this use case.

Regards,
Alexandr Vasilenko