hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jack Levin <magn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ideas for hbasecon 2012
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2012 00:56:26 GMT
I would do a panel session on the subject if there is interest.

-Jack

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 11:50 AM, Andrew Purtell <apurtell@apache.org> wrote:
> As a disclaimer, I'm on the program committee for HBC2012 but this is strictly my personal
opinion.

> I think we should steer clear of "HBase vs. Cassandra" because it can be a nuanced discussion
and a partisan one too.

> On the other hand, "HBase Operational Challenges"? User perspective on what works and
what doesn't (or could work better) would be highly welcome. A presentation on a case study
would be interesting. Or even a panel session on the subject if several will volunteer their
cases for discussion?

> Also, if someone had an interest in a three way (or more) comparison between, say, HBase,
Accumulo, and Cassandra, where it makes more sense to use one over the other; then personally
I would like to attend that to hear the perspective.