hbase-user mailing list archives

From Manuel de Ferran <manuel.defer...@gmail.com>
Subject Upgrading to HBase-0.92
Date Wed, 29 Feb 2012 10:04:56 GMT
Greetings,

we're planning to move from HBase-0.90.3/Hadoop-0.20-append to
HBase-0.92/Hadoop-1.0.0. We did a couple of tests and we have a few
questions :

on first start, HBase master could not start, we had to rmr /hbase from
zookeeper. Is it safe ? By the way, why do we have to do that ?
Secondly, we're a bit worried about some old naming regions from an old
HBase 0.20 : is there any specific procedure for them ?
Lastly, we faced a weird "nil class" under hbase shell when we tried to
'list'. It seems that the root cause was oldlogfiles.log like
/hbase/<table_name>/227772165/oldlogfile.log. There was nothing but this
file under /hbase/<table_name>/227772165. Is it safe to remove them ?

Regards