hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: xceiver count, regionserver shutdown
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 01:03:12 GMT
On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 4:47 PM, Bryan Keller <bryanck@gmail.com> wrote:
> I increased the max region file size to 4gb so I should have fewer than 200 regions per
node now, more like 25. With 2 column families that will be 50 memstores per node. 5.6gb would
then flush files of 112mb. Still not close to the memstore limit but shouldn't I be much better
off than before?

Ah sorry I didn't understand that you were restarting with a new
table. In that case go with even fewer regions and if you aren't
relying on the block cache for anything fast reads then you could also
expend the memstore global usage.

> Inserting sequentially may or may not be an option for me. I am storing a live feed of
data from an external source so it could prove tricky.

Thought so.

View raw message