hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: strange PerformanceEvaluation behaviour
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2012 06:32:30 GMT
On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 8:14 AM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:
>> 2) With that same randomWrite command line above, I would expect a resulting table
with 10 * (1024 * 1024) rows (so 10485700 = roughly 10M rows).  Instead what I'm seeing is
that the randomWrite job reports writing that many rows (exactly) but running rowcounter against
the table reveals only 6549899 rows.  A second attempt to build the table produces slightly
different results (e.g. 6627689).  I see a similar discrepancy when using 50 instead of 10
clients (~35% smaller than expected).  Key collision could explain it, but it seems pretty
unlikely (given I only need e.g. 10M keys from a potential 2B).

I just tried it here and got similar result.  I wonder if its the
randomWrite?  What if you do sequentialWrite, do you get our 10M?

I'll try it here again later with sequentialWrite.

St.Ack