hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Newbee Question : POC Idea for Hadoop Application
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2012 16:51:19 GMT
On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 8:15 AM, richardtk_1 <richard.tk.13@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello I am a newbie as well, nad I have been trying to develop a Lexical
> Database using HBase, I haven't done very well, anyways I read this article
> http://www.quora.com/Facebook-1/Is-Facebook-using-HBase-for-any-projects
> http://www.quora.com/Facebook-1/Is-Facebook-using-HBase-for-any-projects
> about facebook using using HBase for its messaging system. I would be nice
> if you could share some of your knowledge, thanks in advance :working: :-D

Your question is too open ended.  Its not clear how we can help you.
On FB messaging, get your google on; the lads have talked it up a
bunch and you should find plenty of hits w/ detail on that system.
Regards a lexical project, are there enough words in your language to
justify your use of a beast like hbase?  Would mysql do?

Yours,
St.Ack