hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: export/import for backup
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 05:19:59 GMT
On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 1:58 PM, Paul Mackles <pmackles@adobe.com> wrote:
> Actually, an hbase export to "bulk load" facility sounds like a great idea. We have been
using bulk loads to migrate data from an older data store and they have worked awesome for
us. It also doesn't seem like it would be that hard to implement. So what am I missing?

Little?

Check out the Import.java in mapreduce package.  See how its pulling
from SequenceFiles into a map that outputs to a TableOutputFormat
inside in the map.  Make a new MR job that has same input but that
outputs to HFileOutputFormat instead (you'll need the total order
partitioner and a reducer in the mix which Import doesn't have).

St.Ack