hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: HFileInputFormat for MapReduce
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 18:32:54 GMT
On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 12:55 AM, Tim Robertson
<timrobertson100@gmail.com> wrote:
> From the limitations you mention, 1) and 2) we can live with, but 3)
> could be why my quick tests are already giving incorrect record
> counts.  That sounds like a show stopper straight away right?

So Tim, you are going against the hfiles directly and not via the
HBase API?  If so, you'll need to do a merge read of the multiple
hfiles like hbase does (as per Amandeep).  You need this facility?

> One option for us would be HBase for the primary store for random
> access, and periodic (e.g. 12 hourly) exports to HDFS for all the full
> scanning.  Would you consider that sane?

You are not getting good scan performance from hbase Tim?
St.Ack