hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Pluggable storage?
Date Sun, 19 Feb 2012 04:52:31 GMT
On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 1:55 PM, Otis Gospodnetic
<otis_gospodnetic@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Was just reading about SSTable and LevelDB (http://www.igvita.com/2012/02/06/sstable-and-log-structured-storage-leveldb/),
which has some HBase references.  Somebody pointed out in comments Riak supports LevelDB
as a storage engine option, which made me wonder whether pluggable backend storage is on HBase's
long-term road map?

No one seems to be calling for it Otis.  I think we're still working
on our current storage trying to make sense of it under the different
'done' but it would seem to make for significantly more i/o spent at
compaction time (though at read time there could be less).

St.Ack