hbase-user mailing list archives

From Himanish Kushary <himan...@gmail.com>
Subject Batch Get performance degrades from within Mapreduce
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 18:35:40 GMT
Hi,

We have a business scenario wherein we need to perform lot of gets for each
individual row from a Hbase table. To improve the performance we have used
the batch facilities using HTable.batch(...)

>From unit test case(run locally) ,the time taken for approx 120k gets was
between 5-7 secs . But when we run the same piece of code through
Map-Reduce (the batch get calls being made from the Mapper)
the time take is between 20 - 30 secs for far less amount of gets ( between
1200 - 2000).

Could somebody please explain why this could be happening from Map-Reduce ?
Any suggestion on how to improve this scenario is really appreciated.

Thanks & Regards
Himanish