hbase-user mailing list archives

From Raj N <objectli...@gmail.com>
Subject Hbase schema design help
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2012 08:42:24 GMT
Hi All,

I am new to NoSQL world, I need help/suggestion to design Hbase schema for
the below requirement,

It is a report generation application using hadoop. Now I want to store a
particular user's report history in Hbase. The user's email id will be used
to track all his previous ran report history. So the entities to be
persisted are, email id, report name, start date, end date and status.
I am planning to create schema as follows,

email id (row key) - (columns) appName:reportName, appName:startDate,
appName:endDate, appName:status

Query will be performed using email id (but I am OK for any other options).
The problem is, if the same user runs the same report again with different
date range, it will overwrite start date, end date and status columns.

What is the right way of designing schema in this situation. Any help would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.