hbase-user mailing list archives

From Tim <timrobertson...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ideas for hbasecon 2012
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2012 07:22:26 GMT

I for one would appreciate hearing case studies, and more about the lessons learnt as you
overcame your operational headaches. There are so many tuning and monitoring parameters that
getting into it for the first time can be daunting, so hearing how others went about that
would be good.

Sent from my iPhone (which makes terrible auto-correct spelling mistakes)

On 23 Feb 2012, at 20:38, T Vinod Gupta <tvinod@readypulse.com> wrote:

> i saw that there is a call for speakers for hbasecon 2012.. i am interested
> to present from the perspective of somebody using it but not really
> developing hbase features. so i was wondering if there are some pointers on
> what topics would be of interest to hbase users. or will people appreciate
> a case study..
> as a background, i attended a big data linkedin group networking event in
> seattle where there were people from hbase and cassandra camps.. and i met
> multiple people who were complaining about hbase. i myself have had my
> share of hbase operational nightmares, but that doesn't mean hbase is
> inferior to cassandra. they both have their strengths. so it would be great
> to get/give some perspective.
> thanks

View raw message