hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Oliver Meyn (GBIF)" <om...@gbif.org>
Subject Re: strange PerformanceEvaluation behaviour
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2012 08:09:01 GMT
On 2012-02-15, at 7:32 AM, Stack wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 8:14 AM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:
>>> 2) With that same randomWrite command line above, I would expect a resulting
table with 10 * (1024 * 1024) rows (so 10485700 = roughly 10M rows).  Instead what I'm seeing
is that the randomWrite job reports writing that many rows (exactly) but running rowcounter
against the table reveals only 6549899 rows.  A second attempt to build the table produces
slightly different results (e.g. 6627689).  I see a similar discrepancy when using 50 instead
of 10 clients (~35% smaller than expected).  Key collision could explain it, but it seems
pretty unlikely (given I only need e.g. 10M keys from a potential 2B).

> I just tried it here and got similar result.  I wonder if its the
> randomWrite?  What if you do sequentialWrite, do you get our 10M?

Thanks for checking into this stack - when using sequentialWrite I get the expected 10485700
rows.  I'll hack around a bit on the PE to count the number of collisions, and try to think
of a reasonable solution.

Thanks,
Oliver