hbase-user mailing list archives

From Adarsh Sharma <adarsh.sha...@orkash.com>
Subject Corresponding table in Hbase
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 05:33:40 GMT
Dear all,

After some R n D on schema design in hbase. I am confused how to design
corresponding schema of a table in mysql.

CREATE TABLE `page_content` (
  `crawled_page_id` bigint(20) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' 'unique value for
each url,
  `link_level` tinyint(4) DEFAULT NULL,
  `isprocessable` tinyint(2) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1',
  `isvalid` tinyint(4) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1',
  `isanalyzed` tinyint(4) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' COMMENT ,
  `islocked` tinyint(4) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' COMMENT 'set 1 when the
records are in analyzing phase',
  `content_language` varchar(10) DEFAULT NULL,
  `url_id` bigint(20) NOT NULL,
  `publishing_date` varchar(40) DEFAULT NULL,
  `heading` varchar(150) DEFAULT NULL,
  `category` varchar(150) DEFAULT NULL,
  `crawled_page_url` varchar(500) NOT NULL,
  `keywords` varchar(500) DEFAULT NULL,
  `dt_stamp` timestamp NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
  `content` mediumtext,
  PRIMARY KEY (`crawled_page_id`),
  KEY `idx_url` (`crawled_page_url`),
  KEY `idx_head` (`heading`),
  KEY `idx_dtstamp` (`dt_stamp`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1

In all the examples , I find the reverse url is the row key in hbase but
in mysql i create an auto increment column that uniquly locate a document.
Can anyone suggest what is the corresponding table in hbase.

Thanks