hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Whiting <je...@qualtrics.com>
Subject Slow Get performance, is there a way to profile a Get?
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 22:38:58 GMT
Is there way to profile a specific get request to see where the time is spent (e.g. checking

memstore, reading from hdfs, etc)?

We are running into a problem where a get after a delete goes really slow.  We have a row
that has
between 100 to 256 MB of data in it across a couple hundred columns.  After putting the data
we can
get the data out quickly (< 100ms).  So a get on "info:name" will take ~0.05110 seconds
according
the hbase shell. We then delete the entire row (e.g. htable.delete(new Delete(rowkey)).  Most
of the
time after deleting the row trying the exact same get on "info:name" becomes significantly
slower
(1.9400 to 3.1840 seconds).  Putting data back into "info:name" still results in the same
slow
performance.  I was hoping to profile the get to see where the time is going and seeing what
we can
do to tune how we are using hbase.

Thanks,
~Jeff