hbase-user mailing list archives

From Mario Lassnig <mario.lass...@cern.ch>
Subject Re: HBase REST SingleColumnValueFilter
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 20:18:19 GMT
Hi Andrew,

thanks, I suspected something like this.

I'm using the rest api from python, so I made a litte
helper to construct a few example JSON representations,
to get me on the right track.

Now I patchwork the string together in python and it produces
the same JSON representation as stringifyFilter.
So far so good.

However... it doesn't work... and it's weird,
because it ignores the filter, I always get the full content of the table back.

Could you please provide a simple toy problem that works,
because I suspect that I'm missing some critical thing here.

I'd be happy to help then to mash this into proper documentation.

Thanks,
Mario

On 12-2-16 20:31 , Andrew Purtell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One option is to build a Scan object and attach the filter construction you would like
using the Java API:

>     Scan scan = new Scan();
>     Filter filter = new ... ;
>
>     scan.setFilter(filter);
>

> and then use REST's model API to construct and submit the request:
>
>     ScannerModel model = ScannerModel.fromScan(scan);
>     // submit the scanner model using methods in org.apache.hadoop.hbase.rest.client
>
> But for non Java clients you can stringify the filter:
>
>     String filterAsJSON = ScannerModel.stringifyFilter(filter);
>
> Building a Filter object hierarchy and dumping the JSON representation of it can be done
interactively using the HBase shell, which is JRuby.

> This will give you back a representation of the scanner that you can plug in.
>
>      curl -v -H 'Content-Type: text/xml' \
>        -d '<Scanner startRow="ddo" stopRow="ddp" batch="1024"
>           filter="FILTER JSON REPRESENTATION GOES HERE"/>'
>
> Of course documenting the JSON representations of filters would be quite helpful I realize,
but filters have been evolving and I didn't want to produce documentation that would be quickly
out of date. Patches for such documentation and maintenance thereof would always be welcome!

--
Mario Lassnig
CERN PH-ADP-DDM 1-R-022