hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ioan Eugen Stan <stan.ieu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is it possible to connect HBase remotely?
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 10:20:14 GMT
Pe 09.02.2012 11:47, shashwat shriparv a scris:
> Thank you, now i am able to start the HBase in pseudo mode, and able
> to connect through client, i added HBase.master IP and port in
> hbase-site.xml, and added my domain name and ip in the client machine.
> Thanks and regards
> Shashwat

In stand alone mode I believe ZooKeeper is binding to localhost
forbidding all connections from other machines and accepting just
localhost so you would have to run all your apps on the same machine.

In the pseudo and distribuited mode you just have to put hbase-sites.xml
on the classpath and configure hbase.zookeeper.quorum property and also
the hbase.zookeeper.property.clientPort if you use different port for
Zk. Your application will load hbase-sites.xml from the class path and
use those values to connect to Zk which tels it all the HBase machines.

You can read more about the properties and the default values used to
configure HBase from
http://hbase.apache.org/docs/r0.20.6/hbase-conf.html. Some of them might
not be available (they are for an older version) but you get an idea and
some hints. As you can see the default address that Zk binds to is

         <description>Zookeeper connects to this machine.</description>

Ioan Eugen Stan

View raw message