hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Assarsson, Emil" <Emil.Assars...@sonyericsson.com>
Subject randomWrite tests gives random results
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 15:15:23 GMT
Hi,

I'm tryng to optimize a hbase cluster (on hdfs) with the test randomWrite. I have 7 nodes:
1 zookeeper/name/hbase-master/jobtracker and 6 region/data/tasktrackers. Each with 1 disk,
16G memory, 2 x 4 cores. I know that I really should have more disks but for the time being
I'm trying to do the best with what I have.

I have configured tasktrackers to run 1 map/1 red on each host.

The problem I'm seeing is that I get very varying results spanning from 16sec/100000inserts
to 240sec/100000inserts.
Currently I'm using a 10G heapsize on hbase and 3G heapsize on hdfs.

How do I find out what makes it this random? I think I should be able to get around 22sec/100000inserts.

Best regards

Emil Assarsson
Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB

"The information in this email, and attachment(s) thereto, is strictly confidential and may
be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the named recipient(s), and access to this
e-mail, or any attachment(s) thereto, by anyone else is unauthorized. Violations hereof may
result in legal actions. Any attachment(s) to this e-mail has been checked for viruses, but
please rely on your own virus-checker and procedures. If you contact us by e-mail, we will
store your name and address to facilitate communications in the matter concerned. If you do
not consent to us storing your name and address for above stated purpose, please notify the
sender promptly. Also, if you are not the intended recipient please inform the sender by replying
to this transmission, and delete the e-mail, its attachment(s), and any copies of it without,
disclosing it."