hbase-user mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <lhofha...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: export/import for backup
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2012 02:12:04 GMT
In HBASE-5440 I propose a patch that does exactly that.
It's a bit more complicated that one would think since I wanted it to be able to deal with
delete markers (and KEEP_DELETED_CELLS).

Please have a look.

-- Lars

________________________________
 From: Stack <stack@duboce.net>
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2012 9:19 PM
Subject: Re: export/import for backup

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 1:58 PM, Paul Mackles <pmackles@adobe.com> wrote:
> Actually, an hbase export to "bulk load" facility sounds like a great idea. We have been
using bulk loads to migrate data from an older data store and they have worked awesome for
us. It also doesn't seem like it would be that hard to implement. So what am I missing?

Little?

Check out the Import.java in mapreduce package.  See how its pulling
from SequenceFiles into a map that outputs to a TableOutputFormat
inside in the map.  Make a new MR job that has same input but that
outputs to HFileOutputFormat instead (you'll need the total order
partitioner and a reducer in the mix which Import doesn't have).

St.Ack