hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ideas for hbasecon 2012
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2012 19:50:51 GMT
As a disclaimer, I'm on the program committee for HBC2012 but this is strictly my personal
opinion.

I think we should steer clear of "HBase vs. Cassandra" because it can be a nuanced discussion
and a partisan one too.

On the other hand, "HBase Operational Challenges"? User perspective on what works and what
doesn't (or could work better) would be highly welcome. A presentation on a case study would
be interesting. Or even a panel session on the subject if several will volunteer their cases
for discussion?

Also, if someone had an interest in a three way (or more) comparison between, say, HBase,
Accumulo, and Cassandra, where it makes more sense to use one over the other; then personally
I would like to attend that to hear the perspective.

Best regards,

    - Andy