hbase-user mailing list archives

From neeral beladia <neeral_bela...@yahoo.com>
Subject newbie - hbase installation question
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 03:18:46 GMT
Hi,

I am following the quick start HBase installation based on the Apache HBase Book, however
I am not having success. I am trying to setup right now in the standalone mode and hopefully
later in pseudo-distributed mode.

Once I have .gz file unzipped, I tried to change the DIRECTORY under the conf/hbase-site.xml
as a local path. However, when I try to execute the start-hbase.sh, I am getting the following
:

SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/home/hadoop/hbase/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.5.8.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]

Also, once in the shell, upon executing 'status' on the shell, I am getting the above again
and also :

client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation: Unexpected exception during initialization,
aborting
org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$ConnectionLossException: KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss
for /hbase/master

Is there some setup steps that I am missing out ?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Neeral