hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ian Varley <ivar...@salesforce.com>
Subject Re: Seeking HBase schema design examples
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2012 14:16:59 GMT
Yes, that's a great one - and it's one of the few schemas I've found that's published online
and well explained. I think we need more of that! :)

On Feb 23, 2012, at 1:23 AM, Igor Lautar wrote:

I've found OpenTSDB interesting:

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 10:40 PM, Ian Varley <ivarley@salesforce.com> wrote:

I’m doing a study on HBase schema design, with a goal of contributing back
a presentation or summary about how data modeling is practically done in
HBase. I'd like to base it as much as possible on real world examples (i.e.
things that are running in production today). I’ve got several examples
already, but I’d love more input from the community. If you have designed
an HBase schema that worked really well (or, conversely, that failed in an
instructive way), and feel like sharing it with me, I’d love to hear about
it (you can email me directly, or share it on the list). If you'd like the
source or identifying details to be obfuscated, that's totally doable.

In particular, I would *love* to hear about people doing complex things
within a single HBase row (like, storing several entities’ worth of data in
columns / column families of the same HBase row, for atomicity or other
reasons). Also interested in nifty stuff using atomic increments, check &
sets, etc. Generally, any clever insights you have about how to make
conceptual data models work well on HBase are what I'd love to digest and
share with the community.