hbase-user mailing list archives

From Christian Schäfer <syrious3...@hotmail.de>
Subject Re: Create hbase table using script
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2012 10:01:38 GMT

    Tried what you did.

There is furthermore printed that seems to me that hbase shell
may not have the additional arguments (created.sh test1):

   start at /usr/lib/hbase/bin/../bin/hirb.rb:169
  (root) at /usr/lib/hbase/bin/../bin/hirb.rb:183

Where did you read that shellscript could be passed to the hbase shell command?
      Von: Stuti Awasthi <stutiawasthi@hcl.com>
 "hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org" <hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org>
 Gesendet: 8:34 Mittwoch, 25.Januar 2012
 Betreff: Create hbase table using script
Hi all,

I am trying to create hbase tables using shell script. The table name will come as argument
to the script like:

$HBASE_HOME/bin/hbase shell created.sh test1

Here test1 is the table name. When in my script I want to access as normal argument I get
the error:

create "$Name",'cf1'

 java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal character <36> at 0.
User-space table names can only contain 'word characters': i.e.
[a-zA-Z_0-9-.]: $Name

How can I fix this using script

recipient(s) only.
opinions presented in
HCL or its affiliates.
/ or publication of
If you have
any mail and
attachments please check them for viruses and