hbase-user mailing list archives

From Mike Spreitzer <mspre...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Important Question
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2012 17:05:39 GMT
BTW, what do you mean by "realtime"?  Do you mean you want to run some
non-trivial query quickly enough for some sort of interactive use?  Can
you give us a feel for the sort of queries that interest you?

Thanks,
Mike

From:   Dalia Sobhy <dalia.mohsobhy@hotmail.com>
To:     "user@hbase.apache.org" <user@hbase.apache.org>
Cc:     "user@hive.apache.org" <user@hive.apache.org>,
"user@hbase.apache.org" <user@hbase.apache.org>
Date:   01/25/2012 11:34 AM
Subject:        Re: Important Question

So what about HBQL??
And if i had complex queries would i get stuck with HBase?

Also can anyone provide me with examples of a table in RDBMS transformed
into hbase, realtime query and analytical processing..

Sent from my iPhone

On 2012-01-25, at 6:15 PM, bejoy_ks@yahoo.com wrote:

> Real Time.. Definitely not hive. Go in for HBase, but don't expect Hbase
to be as flexible as RDBMS. You need to choose your Row Key and Column
Families wisely as per your requirements.
> For data mining and analytics you can mount Hive table  over
corresponding Hbase table and play on with SQL like queries.

> Regards
> Bejoy K S

about patients, thus transactions and queries and realtime data is
important here...