hbase-user mailing list archives

From Doug Meil <doug.m...@explorysmedical.com>
Subject Re: HBase for ad-hoc aggregate queries
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2012 19:05:38 GMT

re:  "My understanding is MapReduce is more of a batch framework,"

Yes.

re:  "and because the MR jobs write back to a new table."

They can write to where-ever they need to write (HDFS, Hbase, etc.)

Probably want to check out the Hbase Book/RefGuide on the Architecture,
DataModel, and MapReduce chapters.

http://hbase.apache.org/book.html