hbase-user mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Lyubimov <dlie...@gmail.com>
Subject Table region got stuck, doesn't move/assign
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 23:45:01 GMT
Hi,

i have a table which seems to get stuck in a state where it can't be
queried, moved or split/compacted.

The logs don't have any error statements. Our admin tried hbck to no avail .

We stopped the region server, table did not get reassigned. (all other
did). when bround in UI, this table just showed "region server
offline". (??? shouldn't get reassigned as others did?)

Brining region server online loaded it with other regions, but not
that table. master apparently still thinks it is on that node (data6)
and so all requests are failing with region not serving message.

assign/move/ unassign commands have no effect (move fails, but
assing/unassign seems to be quiet with no apparent effect).

Another weirdness: it's the only table that is showing up under
hbase/table in zk and its region is listed under /hbase/unassigned.

What else can we do? this is a prod database (cdh3u0 ) and we pretty
much like to avoid any down time.

Where can i read about meaning and transitions of zookeeper nodes under /hbase ?

Thank you very much.
-d