hbase-user mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: hbase won't startup after ipaddress change
Date Sat, 21 Jan 2012 15:44:59 GMT
What error do you run into specifically? Do you run bound to localhost
or external address? If latter, do you have a hostname also being
dynamically updated to resolve to the same?

Try wiping your ZK clean, before starting HBase. Depending on your ZK
version, try over zkCli.sh: "rmr /hbase" or "deleteall /hbase", or you
may have to individually delete each node under /hbase with "rm
/hbase/<node>" (autocomplete works under zkCli.sh shell).

On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 7:24 PM, Ben Cuthbert <bencuthbert@ymail.com> wrote:
> All
>
> we have hbase on our laptops at work, when we switch to go home with the same laptop
and get a new IP address hbase won't startup. Is there a solution for this?

--
Harsh J
Customer Ops. Engineer, Cloudera