hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jon Bender <jonathan.ben...@gmail.com>
Subject ClassCastException when preparing an HBase bulk load in MapReduce
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2012 20:36:23 GMT
Hi everyone,

I have a simple MapReduce job that is reading in text files , writing out
to <ImmutableBytesWritable,Put> and using the PutSortReducer to configure a
large bulk load for HBase.  When I run the job, it's throwing a
ClassCastException error, I believe having to do with partitioning the
keys.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I know I've done this type of job
in the past I just haven't seen the error before.

Cluster is running CDH3B4 for reference.

Error log:

http://pastebin.com/6gxuc3Rg

Cheers,

Jon