hbase-user mailing list archives

From Mark Kerzner <mark.kerz...@shmsoft.com>
Subject Re: EC2 remote client woes
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 16:40:28 GMT
1. Look in the logs;
2. I think hbase shell works only locally;
3. The code below worked for me, and I don't use a config file, but give
the params directly:

    public void connect() throws IOException {
        Configuration hConf = HBaseConfiguration.create();
        hConf.set(MyConstants.HBASE_CONFIGURATION_ZOOKEEPER_QUORUM,
MyConstants.zookeeperUrl);
        hConf.set(MyConstants..HBASE_CONFIGURATION_ZOOKEEPER_CLIENTPORT,
MyConstants.zookeeperPort);
        String tableName = "MyTable";
        HTable hTable = new HTable(hConf, tableName);
        hTable.close();
    }

Mark