hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jahangir Mohammed <md.jahangi...@gmail.com>
Subject HBase Export
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 04:13:55 GMT

Have couple of questions around hbase "export" facility:
1. I was looking at Export code.
I don't see "setCaching" called in the code. Wouldn't that would have speed
up the hbase export. Is this intentional? or is it expected that user
change this conf in hbase-site.xml according to their memory constraints.
Am I missing anything here?

2. While running hbase export for backing up data, I am getting scanner
timeout exceptions too. I can increase the regionserver.lease.period but
not sure whether it's a good idea.

Would be nice to hear some opinions. Any help greatly appreciated.