hbase-user mailing list archives

From Tim Robertson <timrobertson...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Faster Bulkload from Oracle to HBase
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2012 08:19:01 GMT
Hi Laxman,

We use both #1 and #3 from MySQL which also has hi speed exports.
For our 300G and 340M rows, #1 takes us around 3 hours, with Sqoop it
is closer to 8 hrs to our 3 node cluster.

We are having issues with delimiters though (since we have \r, \t and
\n in the database), and now using Avro as a compression to overcome
these.  A colleague of mine is currently doing 2 patches for Sqoop to
fix some bugs in this.

For the majority of our processing we don't use HBase but straight to
HDFS, and we use Sqoop wrapping it all up in Oozie workflows which is
working very nicely.  We do a lot of ETL processing from one DB to
another through an Oozie workflow having Sqoop and Hive.

View raw message