hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ronen Itkin <ro...@taykey.com>
Subject HBase - is it time to add another node?
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 13:34:48 GMT
Hey all,

I have a small cluster of HBase, Hadoop HDFS, Zookeeper that is being
deployed on the same nodes (kind of a common best practice for small
clusters).
Everything is quite straight forward and works fine.

I am wondering how can I efficiently predict the right time to add another
node from the HBase performance (read/write) perspective ?
Is there any suggested amount of regions per region server I should follow?
number of requests per region service? any other "load" parameters?

So as long as the data keeps increasing, I guess performance will be
decreasing.
moreover. I find it hard to answer the question of "when should I add
another Hbase node?" because performance decrease can be caused by other
reasons
like "hots pots" for example, which demand a special care what not another
node.

Suggestions?

Thank you all!!

--