hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HBase 0.92rc3 rest performance
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2012 21:45:17 GMT
This seems to single out the REST server since thrift and native
clients stayed the same.

Can you provide us your test so we can do testing on our side too?

Maybe doing a few jstacks on the REST server could point out the
obvious bottlenecks.

J-D

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 11:25 AM, Ben West <bwsithspawn00@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> We're trying out .92rc3 instead of .90.4, and for the most part everything seems fine.
But we have a simple test of REST performance which is basically a large number of cURL jobs
getting random rows, and this test is running *a lot* slower under .92.

> When we run just a single client doing REST GETs, the performance is fine. But once I
have dozens or hundreds of clients, performance is ~20x worse than under .90.4 (response time is
7-800ms instead of 40-50ms).

> YCSB has pretty much the same performance under both versions, as do other internal tools
measuring Thrift and native performance, so I don't feel like this is a problem with HBase
coresetup (although it could be). I don't see anything suspicious in any logs, IO and CPU
utilization are both low. Has anyone run into this or have thoughts on how to troubleshoot?